Avocado Shake (Es Pokat)
Indonesians typically drink this popular concoction as a midday snack.
Yield: serves 2
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 5 tbsp. granulated raw sugar
- 1 tbsp. sweetened chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Put ice, 3 tbsp. water, avocados, and sugar into a blender and purée until smooth and sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Divide between two tall 10-oz. glasses and pour chocolate syrup and milk into each glass. Serve with a spoon and straw.