Fatty bluefish takes well to roasting and grilling.
- 4 (5-oz.) skinless, boneless bluefish filets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8-12 slices bacon
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 425°. Season bluefish lightly with salt and pepper. Wrap each bluefish filet crosswise with 2–3 strips bacon and tuck two sprigs thyme in between the bacon and each filet; set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a small baking dish with 1 tbsp. oil and place the filets in the dish. Drizzle fish with remaining olive oil. Bake until filets are cooked through and bacon is crispy, about 12 minutes. Set oven to broil to crisp bacon, if necessary.
Pairing Note: Try a fresh and acidic white, like the Doña Paula Estate Torrontes 2009 ($14).