This Memphis-style side dish is a perfect way of utilizing leftover pulled pork.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 3 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cane syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne
- Pinch ground cloves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped pulled pork
- 1 lb. dried spaghetti
- In a 4-qt. saucepan, bring tomato sauce, syrup, vinegar, allspice, cinnamon, cayenne, cloves, and salt and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add pulled pork; cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add spaghetti; cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce.