These Parmesan-topped oysters can also be grilled. This recipe first appeared in our April 2013 special feature on New Orleans.
Casamento’s Charbroiled Oysters
These Parmesan-topped charbroiled oysters can also be grilled.
Yield: serves 2-4
- Coarse rock salt, for pan
- 12 bluepoint oysters, on the half shell
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot sauce, preferably Tabasco, for serving
- Heat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with rock salt about 1⁄4” deep. Nestle oysters onto bed of rock salt. Mix together butter, parsley, Worcestershire, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Place about 1 tsp. butter mixture over each oyster and top with 1 tbsp. cheese; broil until tops are browned, 3-4 minutes. Serve with hot sauce.