This briny mix of cauliflower and olives is a refreshing starter salad for a rich meal. This recipe first appeared in our October 2011 issue along with Katie Robbins's story Season of Rejoicing.
- 2 cups thinly sliced cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1⁄3 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. marjoram, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Toss all ingredients in a bowl; let sit for 20 minutes to blend flavors.