If you can't find fresh dandelion greens, substitute escarole in this recipe from Victoria Romanoff.
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. (about 4 cups) fresh chanterelles, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed, coarsely chopped dandelion greens
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 5 cups hot chicken stock
- Freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until tender and slightly browned, 5-10 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low, add greens, onions, and garlic, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions are soft and greens have wilted, about 5 minutes. Add oregano and vinegar, and cook for 2 minutes more.
Add stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Serve garnished with parmigiano-reggiano.
Continue to Next Story