To subtly change the flavor of this consomme, Paul Bertolli sometimes adds lemon or lime zest, or uses different combinations of herbs.
- 4 cups well-chilled <a href="https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Tomato-Water">Tomato Water</a>
- Fine sea salt
- 2-3 tsp. minced fresh chives
- 2-3 tsp. tarragon
- 2-3 tsp. chervil
- Several peeled, stemmed cherry tomatoes
- Season tomato water to taste with sea salt. Add minced fresh chives, tarragon, and chervil.
- Place cherry tomatoes in each of four soup bowls. Divide consomme between bowls and garnish each with a few snips of fresh chive.