We based this rum cocktail on one from Ray Buhen's Tiki-Ti, a Los Angeles bar that opened in 1961.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 oz. 151-proof Demerara rum
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. dark Jamaican rum
- 1⁄2 oz. honey mixed with 1/2 oz. hot water
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 6 dashes Herbsaint or Pernod
- Pineapple wedge and Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Put 2 cups of ice and the first 7 ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake well and pour into a short glass. Garnish with pineapple wedge speared with cherry.