Mint and cucumber make this classic summertime drink extra refreshing. This recipe first appeared with our Las Vegas issue, along with Beth Kracklauer’s story True West.
Yield: makes 1 Quart
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 7 limes)
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 3 limes (about 1 1/2 T)
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaves
- 1 liter bottle lemon/lime seltzer, chilled
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- Place juice, sugar, zest, and 2 cups water in a 2-qt saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, add mint leaves, and let sit for 30 minutes. Pour through a fine strainer into a 1-qt. pitcher, stir in cucumber slices, and chill. Add entire bottle of seltzer to pitcher and serve immediately over ice.