Martin Cate of Smuggler’s Cove in San Francisco combines Chartreuse and ginger ale in this refreshing tropical drink. This recipe first appeared in SAVEUR Issue #140, along with Jeff Berry’s story Endless Summer.
- 2 oz. Caribbean-style amber rum, such as Cruzan Single Barrel
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 oz. yellow Chartreuse
- 1 tbsp. honey mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 2 oz. ginger ale
- 1 lemon wedge, to garnish
- 1 sprig mint, to garnish
- Combine rum, juice, Chartreuse, honey mixture, and bitters in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice; shake until chilled. Strain into a collins glass filled with ice cubes and top with ginger ale; garnish with lemon and mint.