Made with a simple egg batter, this feta-studded tart hails from the region of Epirus in southeastern Europe.
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. vodka
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. baking powder
- 10 oz. feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- Heat oven to 500°. Put an 18″ x 13″ x 1″ rimmed baking sheet into oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tbsp. oil, vodka, egg, and 1 cup water in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking powder. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Brush remaining oil over bottom of hot pan and add batter, smoothing batter with a rubber spatula to coat the bottom evenly, if necessary. Distribute cheese evenly over batter, and dot with butter. Bake, rotating baking sheet halfway through, until golden brown and crunchy, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.