This refreshing salad takes on various guises in Greece depending on what vegetables are in season, but it almost always features feta and a dusting of dried oregano.
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced crosswise into 1/4" pieces
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 tsp. dried oregano, plus more
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. feta, cut into thick slabs
- 8 kalamata olives
Combine parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and oregano; season with salt and pepper and pour over cucumber mixture. Toss. Transfer salad to a serving bowl and top with feta and olives. Garnish with more oregano; season with pepper.