(Mtsvane Lobios Salati) Vegetables form the foundation of the cuisine of the Republic of Georgia, and lobios (green beans) are a favorite. This salad is from _The Georgian Feast _by Darra Goldstein (HarperCollins, 1993).
- 1 lb. young green beans
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh cilantro leaves
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Trim and wash green beans, add to pot, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain beans, rinse under cold water, and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cilantro. Mix, then add beans and toss. Set aside for 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.