These succulent grilled peaches are topped with almond flour streusel and drizzled with acacia honey, a sweet, unexpected treat for dessert or brunch.
For the Streusel
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almonds
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. acacia (or other light) honey
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. ginger powder
- 4 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For the Peaches
- Juice of one lemon
- 1⁄4 cup acacia honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 firm peaches, halved and pitted
- Canola oil or cooking spray for grilling
- Make the streusel: Process almonds in a food processor until fine and flour-like. Add flour, sugar, honey, zest and ginger powder and pulse to combine. Add butter pieces and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; be careful not to over-process. Set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Whisk together lemon juice, honey and cinnamon in a bowl. Add peach halves and gently toss to coat.
- Brush grill or grill pan with oil, or coat with cooking spray; lay peaches face down and grill until softened and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Brush domes with more of the lemon-honey mixture, flip with tongs and grill on other side, 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and set your oven rack in the highest position. Lay grilled peaches face up in a 9×13 baking dish. Spoon a generous amount of streusel onto each peach half. Broil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; serve drizzled with additional honey.