Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Jezebel Sauce
A spicy–sweet sauce of pineapple preserves, apple jelly, and horseradish coats tender pork adding interest to the lean cut of meat.
Yield: serves 8
For the Pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 6 sprigs parsley, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 (1-lb.) pork tenderloins
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp. prepared horseradish, drained
- 3 tbsp. dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
- 3⁄4 cup apple jelly
- 1 tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- For the pork: Combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, parsley, mustard, pepper, and garlic in a medium glass or ceramic baking dish. Add pork and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, turning meat occasionally, for 8-10 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal grill. Drain pork and pat dry, discarding marinade. Put pork on grill, cover with lid, and grill over medium-hot coals, turning occasionally, until meat is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- For the sauce: Combine horseradish and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisk in preserves, jelly, and ground pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Arrange sliced pork on a serving platter and garnish with branches of fresh rosemary. Serve the jezebel sauce on the side.