The Union Square Cafe in New York City makes this bloody mary using heirloom tomatoes from the nearby farmers’ market.
Heirloom Tomato Bloody Mary
The Union Square Cafe in New York City makes this bloody mary using heirloom tomatoes from the nearby farmers' market.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 2 large ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. freshly grated horseradish
- Tabasco, to taste
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Push tomatoes through a potato ricer or a medium sieve into a small bowl; discard solids. Refrigerate juice until chilled.
- Stir in vodka, lime juice, horseradish, and Tabasco and season with salt and pepper. Fill a highball glass with ice and add tomato juice mixture. Garnish with a wooden skewer threaded with grape tomatoes.