With capers, shallots, and fresh parsley, this homemade classic boasts bigger flavor than the stuff most supermarkets sell in a jar. Perfect for serving alongside steamed crab legs, this recipe first appeared in our December 2013 issue along with Corey Arnold's article Polar Harvest.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 10 cornichons, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Stir ingredients in a bowl until combined.