This Jamaican-style daiquiri calls for rum from its 264-year-old Appleton Estate. This recipe first appeared in our May 2013 issue with Robert Simonson’s article Papa’s Favorite Poison.
- 1 1⁄4 oz. Appleton Reserve rum
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz. allspice liqueur, preferably St. Elizabeth
- 1⁄2 oz. simple syrup
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Grapefruit segment, for garnish
- Combine rum, juice, liqueur, and syrup in ice-filled shaker; shake. Strain into a chilled glass; garnish with nutmeg and grapefruit segment.