Use leftover roast leg of lamb and gravy to make these meat patties.
Yield: makes 12
- 4 cups diced roast leg of lamb
- 2 cups gravy
- 1⁄4 bunch parsley, leaves chopped
- 5 cups fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Working in 2 batches, put lamb into a food processor and process until the texture resembles that of ground beef, about 30 seconds per batch, or finely chop with a large sharp knife or cleaver, then transfer to a large bowl. Add gravy, parsley, and 2 cups of the bread crumbs, season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined. Shape meat mixture into twelve 3" patties and set aside.
- Put the remaining 3 cups bread crumbs into a medium dish and set aside. Lightly beat eggs in another medium dish and set aside. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, lightly dredge 1 lamb patty at a time in the bread crumbs, dip into eggs, then dredge again in the bread crumbs, coating entire surface.
- Fry patties, in batches, until golden brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes per side. Serve hot or at room temperature.