A slightly sweeter variation of this cranberry sauce can be done by substituting one cup of coarsely chopped dried pitted cherries for the meyer lemon marmalade.
- 1 lb. fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup meyer lemon marmalade
- Put cranberries, sugar, orange juice, lemon zest, and ½ cup water into a medium sauce pan and simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until sugar dissolves and cranberries pop, 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in marmalade, and cook for 5 minutes more. Set aside to let cool, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer cranberry sauce to a glass or ceramic bowl, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled. Sauce will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.