Maine Lobster Napoleon with Mango Vinaigrette
Layers of lobster, avocado, and mango create a tower of pure indulgence.
Yield: serves 4
FOR THE MANGO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE LOBSTER NAPOLEON:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Cooked meat from 2 1-lb. lobsters (about 3⁄4 cup), sliced into medallions and chilled
- Place mango, sherry vinegar, and mustard in a blender. With motor running, slowly add peanut oil and blend on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Season dressing with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Toss mixed greens, tomatoes, and mushrooms with vinaigrette, reserving some to finish the dish.
- In four small serving bowls, spread alternate layers of greens mixture, mango, avocado, and lobster, equally divided among the bowls, packing down until bowls are filled.
- Invert bowls onto plates and unmold, tapping lightly if necessary to help loosen. Sprinkle the tops of lobster napoleons with remaining vinaigrette (or transfer vinaigrette to a squeeze bottle and pipe designs on napoleons). If desired, garnish with lobster heads, claws, and/or tails.