Mango-chile is one of hundreds of flavors of paletas you can find in Mexico.
Mango-Chile Ice Pops (Paletas de Mango con Chile)
Mango-chile is one of hundreds of flavors of paleta (ice-pops) you can find in Mexico.
Yield: makes 8 ICE POPS
- 1 cup store-bought mango juice or nectar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 large mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes
- Heat mango juice, sugar, lemon juice, and 1⁄2 cup water in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir chile powder and cubed mango into the chilled mixture and pour into eight 3-oz. ice-pop molds. Insert a Popsicle stick into each mold and freeze until pops are solid, about 3 hours more. To release ice pops from molds, run the bottom of the molds briefly under cold water.