This easy appetizer can be served warm or chilled.
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. cremini or button mushrooms, stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh fennel stalk (with some chopped fronds)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are just soft, 6–8 minutes.
Transfer mushrooms to a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Mushrooms will keep in refrigerator for 1 week. Serve chilled, warm, or at room temperature.
Continue to Next Story