Marrow Bones Marley
Here's a unique way to enjoy the rich, fatty marrow from beef bones.
Yield: serves 2
- 2 long beef shinbones, split in half lengthwise (ask your butcher)
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 lb. softened butter
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut shinbones into pieces anywhere from 4" to 10" long, according to your taste and the size of your plates.
- Make a paste by combining bread crumbs, softened butter,. worcestershire sauce, fresh parsley, dry mustard, and a few grinds of pepper. Spread the paste over the inside surface of the bones, coating both the marrow and the bone itself.
- Arrange bones paste side up and grill in a preheated broiler until the surface is browned and bubbling and the marrow feels slightly firm to the touch, about 5 minutes.