This tart pepper relish from north Africa is a great topping for lamb kebabs and other sandwiches. This recipe first appeared in our April 2011 special Sandwich Issue with the article Finishing Touches.
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped preserved lemon peel
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, drained and finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine lemon juice, oil, lemon peel, cumin, parsley, garlic, bell peppers, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.