This dish is a favorite at Goode Company Seafood in Houston. It goes perfectly with fried tortilla chips and cold beer.
Mexican Seafood Cocktail
This dish goes perfectly with fried tortilla chips and cold beer.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, such as Heinz
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green olives
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup tomato–clam cocktail, such as Clamato
- 1⁄4 cup seeded and chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. Tabasco
- 2 anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb. cooked and peeled medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked and cleaned
- 1 avocado, cut into 1⁄4″ cubes
- Combine the first 15 ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt; toss to mix. Fold in shrimp, crab, and avocado. Serve with tortilla chips.