Laura’s Mom’s Chicken Salad
Savory chicken salad gets a sweet kick from a generous dose of pickle relish in this Southern recipe, which comes from assistant digital editor Laura Sant’s mom. It’s perfect on soft rolls or white toast, and we particularly like it with good old Saltines.
What You Will Need
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise in increments, until the chicken salad reaches the desired consistency: rich, but not too creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crackers, or on soft rolls or white toast.