A simple marinade of olive oil, herbs, and lemon juice transforms mushrooms into a delicious topping for these Tuscan-inspired crostini.
Yield: serves 4
- 8 oz. mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, oyster, or button, stemmed and very thinly sliced
- 7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Country-style Italian bread, such as ciabatta, cut into slices
- Heat oven to 475¢ª. Toss together mushrooms, 4 tbsp. oil, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature until mushrooms have softened, about 20 minutes.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and brush with remaining oil. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then spoon mushroom mixture over bread and serve.