The subtle sweetness of this granola is accentuated by crunchy flakes of fleur de sel and grassy notes of olive oil. Packaged in mason jars, it’s a lovely gift.
Yield: makes 12 Cups
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut chips
- ½ cups ground flax seeds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fleur de sel
- ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cups honey
- Preheat oven to 300° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, rice, pistachios, coconut, flax, raisins, allspice, cinnamon, and salt. Using your hands or a large spoon, mix well to combine.
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil and honey over low heat until hot but not boiling, about 3 minutes. Whisk to combine, then pour over the dry mixture and toss to coat evenly. Divide between the prepared baking sheets, spreading mixture into an even layer.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until the granola is golden brown, about half an hour. Let cool completely before storing. You may need to break up larger pieces with your hands. Granola keeps, sealed in an airtight container, for up to three weeks.