This Moroccan relish of coarsely chopped pistachios and herbs pairs wonderfully with roasted quail and other game birds.
- 2 cups shelled unsalted pistachios, toasted and coarsely ground
- 3 tbsp. roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced into a paste
- 1 red Fresno or Holland chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine pistachios, parsley, mint, garlic, chiles, and lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl. Add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly with a fork until the sauce is well combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover sauce and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Sauce will keep, refrigerated and covered, for up to 3 days.