Dark or white rum may be substituted for any of the rums in this recipe from LA’s Tiki-Ti bar (see Spirits of Polynesia).
Dark or white rum may be substituted for any of the rums in this recipe from LA's Tiki-Ti bar.
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz. white rum
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 oz. dark Jamaican rum
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh orange juice
- 3⁄4 oz. pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 oz. passion fruit syrup
- 2 tsp. honey mixed with 2 tsp. hot water, chilled
- 1⁄4 oz. falernum
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 3⁄4 oz. 151-proof rum (optional)
- Pineapple slice, orange wedge, and maraschino cherry
- Put 1 1⁄2 cups ice cubes into a blender; crush. Add first 9 ingredients; blend on high speed. Pour into a tall glass.
- Slowly pour 151-proof rum over back of a spoon into cocktail. Garnish with pineapple, orange, and cherry.