Pulled Pork Barbecue
This is an easy and tasty recipe for pulled pork.
Yield: makes about 5 pounds
- 1 bone-in pork Boston butt (about 7 lbs.)
- 1 3⁄4 cups barbecue sauce, preferably Cattlemen's Original
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup Coca-Cola
- 1⁄2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 300°. Wrap pork well in aluminum foil, sealing it tightly at the top. Transfer to a deep roasting pan, sealed side up, and fill pan halfway with water. Bake, refilling water halfway through, until the pork is very tender and falling away from the bone, about 8 hours.
- Unwrap pork, discarding any juices, and transfer to a sheet tray. When cool enough to handle, shred pork, discarding bone and any fat, and transfer to a large bowl. Add barbecue sauce, ketchup, Coca-Cola, Tabasco, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine.
- Discard water from roasting pan and dry out pan with a towel. Transfer pork to the pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Cook in oven until the pork is heated through, about 45 minutes.
- Spoon the pork barbecue onto hamburger buns and serve hot.