Rose Petal Salad with Parsley and Mint
We only use petals from organically grown roses for this fresh, tangy salad.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 1 medium-size organic rose
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Gently pull the petals off rose, then cut off and discard the white bases from the petals and set the petals aside.
- Put oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste into a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Pick the leaves off parsley and mint and put them into the bowl of dressing.
- Trim and pull the leaves off lettuce. Wash and dry the leaves, thickly slice them, and transfer them to the bowl of dressing and herbs. Toss to coat well and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with rose petals and serve immediately with the Panfried Lamb Kebabs With Bulgur Pilav, if you like.