A mix of intensely umami Asian flavors makes this popcorn heartier than most. Great as a snack, try it also as a side dish or as part of an appetizer spread.
- 1 ½ cups kimchi, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 tsp. sriracha
- 1 (5-inch) strip sushi nori, finely chopped
- 6 cups basic popcorn
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, toss together kimchi, sesame seeds, sesame oil, sriracha, and popcorn.
- Spread popcorn mixture in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheets; bake for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, rotating trays halfway through.
- While popcorn is still warm, sprinkle with chopped nori.