(Vuelve a la Vida)
This dish, whose name literally means “Return to Life,” is reputed to be a hangover remedy. Use whatever shellfish is freshest.
In Veracruz, Mexico, this dish, whose Spanish name literally means "Return to Life," is reputedly a hangover remedy.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 1 cup <a href="https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Homemade-Ketchup">Homemade/ Ketchup</a>
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped peeled white onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 2 lb. cooked shelled seafood (for instance, 1 1⁄2 lbs. lobster, 1⁄4 lb. shrimp, and 1⁄4 lb. crab)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- White onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, stir together ketchup, onions, oil, orange juice, lime juice, clam juice, and 1 1⁄2 cups water.
- Roughly chop seafood and stir into sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with avocado, cilantro, and onions. Garnish with lime wedges.