Sirloin Steak with Green Sauce
The fresh and zesty green sauce pairs perfectly with the smokey flavor of the grilled sirloin.
Yield: serves 6
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb.) 2''-thick sirloin steak
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cups packed, fresh parsley leaves
- 32 anchovy filets (2 2-oz. cans)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Season steak with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Coarsely chop parsley and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Mash anchovy filets with a fork and add to parsley. Add garlic, capers, and vinegar. Mix well with a wooden spoon while drizzling in olive oil.
- Grill steak over embers of a hot wood-charcoal fire, until 125°-130° on a meat thermometer for medium rare. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.