Roasted sweet potatoes are married with candied ginger in a citrus vinaigrette in this salad recipe from Kansas home cook Sue Ashline. This recipe first appeared in our August/September 2013 Heartland issue with the story Salad Social.
- 2 1⁄2 lb. sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 1″ pieces
- Heat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and prick all over with the tines of a fork. Rub each potato with about 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt; bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, then peel and roughly chop. Whisk remaining oil with parsley, juices, syrup, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add potatoes, ginger, and tomatoes; toss to combine.