Swiss Chard and Chipotle Tacos
Onions, mushrooms, sweet corn, and chiles in adobo add hearty, smoky flavor to these Swiss chard tacos.
Yield: serves 4
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed and finely chopped, plus 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed (or 1 1/4 cups thawed, frozen corn kernels)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, and leaves cut into 1/2-inch ribbons (about 3 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Warm corn tortillas, chopped cilantro, sour cream, and lime wedges, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until slightly caramelized, 6-7 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, chipotle peppers and sauce, corn kernels, chard, salt, and pepper; cover pan with lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until chard wilts, about 5 minutes. Spoon mixture into tortillas and top with cilantro and sour cream. Serve with lime wedges, if you like.