Onions, mushrooms, sweet corn, and chiles in adobo add hearty, smoky flavor to these vegetarian tacos.
Swiss Chard and Chipotle Tacos
Onions, mushrooms, sweet corn, and chiles in adobo add hearty, smoky flavor to these Swiss chard tacos.
Yield: serves 4
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed and finely chopped, plus 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed (or 1 1/4 cups thawed, frozen corn kernels)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, and leaves cut into 1/2-inch ribbons (about 3 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Warm corn tortillas, chopped cilantro, sour cream, and lime wedges, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until slightly caramelized, 6-7 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, chipotle peppers and sauce, corn kernels, chard, salt, and pepper; cover pan with lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until chard wilts, about 5 minutes. Spoon mixture into tortillas and top with cilantro and sour cream. Serve with lime wedges, if you like.