Moroccan Tomato Salad
A Moroccan staple, this tangy salad has just a bit of heat from the chiles.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 minced seeded green chile
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dice tomatoes and place in a strainer. Sprinkle with salt, toss gently, and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
- Combine parsley, green chile, cumin, white vinegar, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add tomatoes, mix thoroughly, and serve at room temperature.