Seasoning mixtures of this kind are common in kitchens throughout Turkey. Use this spice mix in the recipe for the Marinated Grilled Lamb Loin Skewers.
Yield: makes 2 tablespoons
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. dried winter savory
- 1 tbsp. pickling spice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried mint leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a spice mill, grind together to a fine powder dried winter savory, pickling spice, ground cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg, crumbled dried mint leaves, ground cumin, and freshly ground black pepper. Store away from direct sunlight in a small airtight container for up to 3 months.