Homemade Worcestershire Sauce Recipe
Whip up a bolder version of this classic condiment right on your stovetop
This delicious homemade worcestershire sauce recipe is bolder and bigger than its bottled cousin.
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 3 tbsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. curry powder
- 5 cardamom pods, smashed
- 4 chiles de árbol, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 anchovy, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (1″) stick cinnamon
- 1 (1/2″) piece of ginger, peeled and crushed
- Combine all ingredients except the sugar in a 2-qt. saucepan; boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar in a skillet over medium-high heat until it becomes dark amber and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Add caramelized sugar to vinegar mixture and whisk to combine; cook sauce for 5 minutes; transfer sauce to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 3 weeks; strain to remove solids; return to jar. Refrigerate for up to 8 months.