Pépa (Cognac and Vodka Cocktail)
Named for Pepa Bonafe, a French starlet of the 1920s, this cocktail combines brandy and vodka in one bracing drink. This recipe first appeared in the 2012 SAVEUR 100, with the article Cognac Cocktails.
- 1 1⁄2 oz. dry vermouth, such as Noilly Prat
- 1 oz. cognac, such as Ferrand Ambre, Remy Martin VSOP, or Hennessy Black
- 1 oz. vodka, such as Stolichnaya
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Twist of lemon peel, to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with cracked ice, stir together vermouth, cognac, vodka, and bitters with a bar spoon until chilled, about 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass; garnish with lemon twist.