The following recipe is based on ones in Everyday Drinking (Bloomsbury, 2008) by Kingsley Amis and The Craft of the Cocktail (Clarkson Potter, 2002) by Dale DeGroff
- 1 1⁄2 oz. aquavit
- 4 oz. tomato juice
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 dashes Tabasco, plus more to taste
- 2 dashes worcestershire
- 1⁄2 tsp. ketchup
- 1⁄2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- Pinch celery salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Combine aquavit, tomato juice, orange juice, lemon juice, Tabasco, worcestershire, ketchup, and horseradish in a pint glass.
- Add 4 ice cubes and stir vigorously until horseradish and ketchup are well combined. Strain mixture through a sieve into a goblet filled with ice. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper.