The Bloody Joey
The following recipe is based on ones in Everyday Drinking (Bloomsbury, 2008) by Kingsley Amis and The Craft of the Cocktail (Clarkson Potter, 2002) by Dale DeGroff
Yield: makes 1 Cocktail
- 1 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> oz. aquavit
- 4 oz. tomato juice
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 dashes Tabasco, plus more to taste
- 2 dashes worcestershire
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> tsp. ketchup
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> tsp. prepared horseradish
- Pinch celery salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Combine aquavit, tomato juice, orange juice, lemon juice, Tabasco, worcestershire, ketchup, and horseradish in a pint glass.
- Add 4 ice cubes and stir vigorously until horseradish and ketchup are well combined. Strain mixture through a sieve into a goblet filled with ice. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.