Vanilla Banana Black & White Milkshake
This recipe for a layered shake is based on one in Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes by Adam Ried.
Yield: makes About 3 1/2 Cups
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 ripe medium banana
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1⁄2 pint chocolate sorbet
- Put 1⁄4 cup milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, and banana into a blender and blend until smooth. Add vanilla ice cream and blend, pausing once or twice to mash the mixture with a rubber spatula, until mixture is smooth, about 45 seconds. Pour mixture into a pitcher and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Put remaining milk and vanilla extract, along with the chocolate ice cream and sorbet, into a blender and blend, pausing once or twice to mash the mixture with a rubber spatula, until mixture is smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Layer vanilla and chocolate shake mixtures in 2 chilled glasses, beginning and ending with vanilla.