Brown Butter Lobster Roll
Eventide Oyster Co. in Portland, Maine serves their lobster roll with a choice of hollandaise, house mayo, or this brown butter vinaigrette—a simple mix of brown butter, lemon juice, and salt. As the butter cooks in the skillet, the milk solids begin to caramelize, lending a warm, nutty flavor—delicious when sopped up with a soft, slightly sweet steamed bun.
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. cooked Maine lobster meat, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 8 steamed buns or 4 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- Finely chopped chives, for garnish
- Melt butter in a 8″ skillet over medium heat until its solids begin to brown and smell nutty; add lobster meat, lemon juice, and salt. Cook until lobster meat is heated through, about 5 minutes. Divide lobster between buns and top with chives; serve immediately.