Gabriel Orta and Elad Zvi of the Broken Shaker in Miami Beach like to use handmade vinegars and herbs from their bar’s adjacent garden and to lend sour and savory notes to their cocktails. This gin-based drink, which first appeared in SAVEUR DRINK Issue #1 with the story “Miami Heat,” gets a refreshing spicy-tart flavor from the addition of pineapple vinegar and bitters.
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lemon juice, plus twist for garnish
- 3⁄4 oz. pineapple drinking vinegar, such as Pok Pok Som
- 2 oz. gin
- 1⁄2 oz. Cocchi Americano
- 2 dashes Brooklyn Hemispherical Charred Pineapple Bitters
- Orange slice, for garnish
- Muddle tarragon, juice, and vinegar in a cocktail shaker. Add gin, Cocchi Americano, bitters, and ice; shake and strain into highball glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with lemon twist and orange slice.