Thirty cloves of garlic go into this creamy side dish, adapted from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, but fear not: they're blanched until soft and sweet before being stirred into the spuds (along with plenty of cream and parsley).
Featured in "The Glories of Garlic," by Karen Shimizu.
- 30 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 1⁄2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves