An exotic blend of sherry, vermouth, fresh juices, and cider, La Gallega, from TK bar, is the perfect accompaniment to the crisp fall weather.
MAKES ONE COCKTAIL
- 2 cups honey
- FOR THE COCKTAIL:
- 2 oz. Tio Pepe Palomino Fino Sherry
- ½ oz. Casa Mariol Sweet Vermouth
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- ½ oz. honey syrup
- ¼ oz. grapefruit juice
- 6 turns black pepper
- 2 oz. hard cider
- grapefruit peel, for garnish
1. Make the honey syrup: Combine honey and 1 cup water in a 2-qt. saucepan over high heat; boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Chill until ready to use.
2. Make the cocktail: Combine sherry, vermouth, lemon juice, syrup, grapefruit juice, and pepper in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake vigorously and strain into a txacoli glass filled with ice. Top with cider and garnish with grapefruit peel.