At Lebensstern in Berlin, the amaro Fernet-Branca adds a pleasingly bitter note to this petite riff on a perfect Manhattan. This recipe first appeared in our May 2014 issue with Camper English’s story World’s Most Elegant Nightcap.
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Benjamin Prichard’s Rye
- 1⁄2 oz. Mancino Vermouth Rosso
- 1⁄2 oz. Mancino Vermouth Secco
- 1⁄4 tsp. Fernet-Branca
- 1 Griottines or Luxardo cherry, for garnish
- Stir rye, vermouths, and Fernet-Branca in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; strain into a chilled eggcup or small cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry.