Sweet citrus, whiskey, and a pleasantly bitter gentian-flavored liqueur combine in an elegant punch concocted by New York City cocktail bar The Dead Rabbit.
- 8 oz. fresh clementine juice, plus zest
- 8 oz. fresh lemon juice, plus zest
- 8 oz. turbinado sugar
- 750 ml strong Assam tea
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Irish whiskey
- 2 oz. Suze (gentian liqueur)
- 1 oz. tamarind nectar
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for serving
- Clementine peel, for garnish
Make the oleo-saccharum: In a large punch bowl, toss the clementine zest and lemon zest with the turbinado sugar and muddle well. Let sit for one hour.
For the punch: Add clementine juice, lemon juice, tea, whiskey, liqueur, and nectar to the punch bowl; stir until sugar has dissolved. Strain, chill, and serve with a dash of grated nutmeg. Garnish with clementine peel, if you like.